Brandon Auto Accident Lawyer
Automobile accidents in Florida continue to be on the rise. Unfortunately, Florida has one of the highest crash rates across the country, which means there is always a risk for injury collisions. While Florida is a no-fault insurance state, you could still recover compensation in some cases. Although Florida is a no-fault auto insurance state, it is still possible to recover compensation for an accident, whether through an insurer or through the state’s court system, so if you or a loved one were recently injured in a collision, you should contact an experienced Brandon auto accident lawyer who can explain your legal options.
The auto accident lawyers at Palmer | Lopez are here to help you work through pursuing a Brandon auto accident claim. We understand this is a stressful time for you. Let us review your case and let you know how best to proceed and what type of compensation you might be eligible to receive.
Types of Car Accidents
The severity of a car accident victim’s injuries depends on a number of factors, including:
- The type of auto accident in question;
- The speed at which the vehicles were traveling before the collision;
- The age and general health of the occupants;
- The size and number of vehicles involved in the accident;
- Whether the occupants were wearing seat belts; and
- Whether the vehicles’ airbags deployed properly upon impact.
All of these factors play an important role in the severity of the injuries experienced by a vehicle’s occupant. However, of these factors, the type of car accident in question is one of the most critical in dictating the seriousness of a person’s injury. For instance, multi-car pile-ups are notorious for being one of the most dangerous collisions in which a person can be involved, as motorists are much more likely to suffer injuries consistent with multiple blunt force impacts, including head trauma and internal injuries.
Rear end collisions, on the other hand, are more likely to result in neck injuries like whiplash, while t-bone accidents tend to result in head trauma, shoulder and rib injuries, and hearing loss. Rollover accidents are also dangerous to motorists, as they often leave victims trapped inside their vehicles until emergency responders arrive, while sideswipe accidents rarely result in physical injuries, but can cause serious property damage.
Causes of Brandon Auto Accidents
Auto accidents can occur anywhere at any time. Numerous factors can lead to an accident, but these are some of the most common causes of auto accidents in Florida:
- Violating a traffic law, such as running a stop sign or traffic light;
- Distracted driving;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- Driving too fast for the current conditions;
- Driving while fatigued;
- Following too closely;
- Road rage or aggressively driving;
- Drag racing;
- Failure to yield the right away;
- Not maintaining the vehicle;
- Poorly maintained roads;
- Driving without a license; or
- Adverse weather conditions.
Common Types of Injuries Sustained in an Auto Accident
Depending on the type and severity of impact, injuries will vary in auto accidents. Some of the most common injuries we see include:
- Whiplash: Violent of sudden jerking of your neck during an auto accident can result in pain. Whiplash is especially common in rear-end accidents.
- Spinal Injuries: Victims of car accidents can have numerous types of spinal injuries, including herniated discs, pinched nerves, spinal cord damage, etc.
- Broken Bones: Blunt force in an accident can leave you with broken bones that could take a significant amount of time to heal.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: Head injuries are prevalent in auto accidents, especially brain injuries. Some brain injuries are minor and heal on their own, such as a minor concussion. In other cases, victims suffer severe brain injuries that require lifelong maintenance, such as someone in a coma.
Why Hire a Brandon Auto Accident Lawyer?
In most Brandon auto accidents, hiring a lawyer is necessary. You need a legal advocate on your side to protect your rights and fight for the compensation you deserve. Pursuing an auto accident claim can be a complicated process in many instances. The more severe your injuries are, the most complicated your case might be. Instead of letting yourself unnecessarily take on the risk, let a skilled Brandon auto accident lawyer help.
You only have a limited amount of time to file a lawsuit after an auto accident in Florida, known as the statute of limitations. If you miss the deadline, you could be barred from any recovery. Even if the at-fault driver’s insurance had extended an offer before the deadline, they are not legally obligated to honor it if you miss the statute of limitations. When you have a Brandon auto accident lawyer representing you, you can relax knowing your attorney will file on your behalf within the legal deadline.
How We Can Help
If you were injured in an accident while driving and suffered a serious injury, please contact a member of our Brandon auto accident law firm at Palmer | Lopez for help with your case. We can be reached at our office by calling 813-506-5651 or via online message.