The trauma of a truck accident can leave victims with debilitating injuries, post-traumatic stress disorder, a work disability, and crippling medical bills. All of these damages should be covered by the negligent party so that the trauma that you are left to recover from does not end up being financial as well as physical, emotional, and psychological. The Tampa truck accident lawyers at Palmer | Lopez are here to make sure that you are treated with respect by the other party, and are compensated fairly for your immense damages. We will get to the bottom of how the crash occurred, and will maximize your compensation for medical bills, pain and suffering, property damage, and more.
Accidents involving large trucks are some of the more serious ones that occur within Florida. Commercial trucks weigh at least 10,000 pounds—that’s more than double the weight of the typical passenger vehicle. 18-wheeler trucks can weigh as much as 80,000 pounds, which is 16 times as much as your typical passenger vehicle. The sheer weight difference can result in catastrophic injuries or even fatalities for occupants in the smaller passenger vehicle. If you or someone you love was involved in an accident with a large truck, it’s crucial to contact the lawyers at Palmer | Lopez today.
Large truck accident claims are very different when compared to a collision with two smaller passenger vehicles. You need an attorney who has experience handling large truck claims and knows how to fight for the compensation you deserve. Our legal team at Palmer| Lopez has more than 35 years of combined experience fighting for our clients’ rights in all types of personal injury cases, including truck accidents.
Leading Causes of Large Truck Accidents
Some of the leading causes of truck accidents include:
- Driver Error: Driver error is one of the primary causes of truck accidents. Actions such as distracted driving, driving while fatigued, driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or driving recklessly can be deadly in an 18-wheeler with a trailer full of cargo.
- Equipment Failure: Equipment failure is common on large trucks, which is why safety checks are mandatory before drivers head out on the road. Sometimes a vehicle part may be faulty, while other times, negligent maintenance is to blame.
- Improper Cargo Loading: When truck drivers overload their trailer or don’t load the cargo properly, it can cause an accident if the driver stops suddenly and cannot control the trailer.
- Inclement Weather: Drivers who lack the experience driving in severe weather conditions may not be prepared if they hit a snowstorm or heavy rainstorm.
Types of Truck Accidents in Florida
At Palmer | Lopez, we handle all types of large truck accident claims. Many of the cases we handle involve truck accidents such as:
- Jackknife Truck Accidents: When a truck’s trailer swings around and causes the driver to lose control, it’s called a jackknife accident.
- Head-on Collisions: When a truck driver drifts over the centerline or enters a roadway going the wrong way, it can lead to a head-on collision.
- Truck Rollovers: Truck rollovers are common, especially when the truck’s cargo is too heavy or was loaded improperly. When a truck rolls over, it can crush nearby cars under it as well.
- T-bone Accidents: If a truck driver runs a stop sign or traffic light, it can result in a T-bone accident.
How a Tampa Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help
When you hire a Tampa truck accident lawyer to represent you, you’re choosing someone who will be your legal advocate and fight for you. Your lawyer will keep the insurance company from trying to unfairly deny your claim or offering you an amount that is lower than your case is worth.
Truck accident claims can be complicated as you may be filing a claim against the trucking company and the driver. If there are allegations of a vehicle defect, you may have a claim against a vehicle manufacturer. You need an attorney who understands how these claims work and can make sure to meet all filing deadlines. Your attorney will also be the one to communicate with the insurance companies and negotiate on your behalf.
A Tampa Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help You Today
Whether the driver was drowsy, a gust of wind pushed their trailer into your path, or the driver suddenly merged into your lane without warning, our lawyers will help you seek compensation that you deserve. Trucking companies often have large insurance policies, which means there may be a considerable amount of money for you to pursue. These finances are heavily guarded by insurance adjusters, which is why you need to call Palmer | Lopez at 813-967-8505 today to schedule a free consultation with a Tampa truck accident lawyer.