Tampa Eye Surgery Lawyer
Sight is the primary physical sense through which we experience life and the outside world. Many of us would find ourselves lost without our sight, disabled from working and unable to enjoy a good quality of life. Our vision is precious to us, and conscientious individuals seek out medical care whenever they believe they may have a problem with their eyes. Sometimes an ophthalmologist may recommend eye surgery to treat a serious condition, and we rely on the expertise of that medical professional to recommend treatment and treat us ably and professionally. When eye surgery is nevertheless performed negligently or incompetently, serious injury can result, and the Tampa eye surgery lawyers at The Palmer Law Firm are here to hold eye doctors accountable for their serious mistakes and help injury victims get the maximum compensation available to them.
Some of the many medical mistakes that can be made regarding eye surgery include:
- Performing surgery on the wrong eye
- Performing an unnecessary surgery
- Ineffective or botched surgery
- Infecting the patient by using improperly sanitized instruments
- Anesthesia errors, including inadequate amount of anesthetic or globe perforation
- Misreading scans or the results of lab tests
- Performing a procedure without obtaining informed consent
- Premature discharge of patient or failure to provide adequate aftercare
- Failing to obtain patient’s medical history, current health status, drug allergies, etc.
Negative effects arising from a negligent eye surgery can range from dry eyes to permanent blindness. Other adverse consequences may include blurred vision, double vision, depth perception deficits, and seeing spots, halos or flurries in front of the eyes. Corrective surgery is often necessary after surgical errors committed on other parts of the body, but revision surgeries may be extremely difficult or simply not possible after some eye surgeries.
Call Our Tampa Medical Malpractice Attorneys for Help after a Negligent Eye Surgery
If you have been harmed by a negligent LASIK surgery, cataract surgery or other eye surgery malpractice in Tampa, call a Tampa eye surgery lawyer at The Palmer Law Firm at 813-506-5651 for a free consultation regarding your potential claim for damages. There is no fee without a recovery on your behalf.