Tampa Premises Liability Lawyer
Premises liability laws govern property owners’ responsibility to make sure they keep their property secure and safe. Florida law mandates that property owners must maintain and secure their property in a manner that keeps visitors safe from injury or attack. That also includes protection from things like a break-in. To learn more on whether you have a valid claim, contact a skilled Tampa premises liability lawyer.
Types of Premises Liability Claims in Florida
At Palmer | Lopez, our Tampa premises liability lawyers handle cases involving the following:
- Slip and Falls: Slip and falls or trip and falls can occur anywhere—parking lots, sidewalks, someone’s home, hotel lobby, mall, grocery store, etc. Common hazards include spilled liquids, loose carpeting, fallen product, melted snow, potholes, etc.
- Negligent Security: Property owners must take reasonable precautions to keep their property safe. Proper precautions can vary depending on the property, but it could be hiring security guards, installing video cameras, etc.
- Swimming Pool Accidents: If a swimming pool lacks a proper barrier or fence or the pool owner doesn’t secure their pool correctly, they could be held liable.
- Amusement Park Accidents: Theme park accidents fall under premises liability as well. You could be injured on a ride, trip over a dropped object, etc.
- Concerts: Concerts can also be a significant source of premises liability cases. Numerous things can go wrong, from pyrotechnics to weather-related snafus. Common causes of injuries at a concert include falling down stairs, seat or stage collapse, flying projectiles, pyrotechnic accidents, escalator accidents, and more.
If your injuries were foreseeable and the property owner didn’t acknowledge the potential danger, they could be held liable for your injuries.
Types of Damages You Can Recover in a Tampa Premises Liability Case
Depending on the circumstances of your injuries, you could potentially recover compensation for any of the following:
- Medical bills: Compensation for medical expenses includes bills accrued to date, including doctor visits, hospitalizations, surgeries, medication, physical therapy, and future related medical care.
- Loss of Earnings: If you missed time from work due to your injuries, you could be entitled to collect compensation. You might also collect money for your decreased future earning ability in a severe case.
- Pain and Suffering: Pain and suffering extend to physical or emotional pain you experienced due to your injuries.
- Wrongful Death: If someone passes away from their injuries, the surviving family members could file a wrongful death claim for their losses, such as loss of companionship, consortium, income, inheritance, etc.
How a Tampa Premises Liability Lawyer Can Help
At Palmer | Lopez, our Tampa premises liability attorneys will evaluate the facts and evidence in your case to determine the best way to proceed. We will conduct an independent investigation and gather all evidence to help support your case. When necessary, we will retain well-respected industry experts who can testify to prove your version of the events.
Your attorney will be the one negotiating with the defendants as well. You won’t need to worry or stress at the thought of trying to negotiate a settlement. If we cannot settle your case, we will file a lawsuit and prepare your case for trial.
To learn more about how our Tampa premises liability lawyers can help, contact Palmer | Lopez today to schedule an initial consultation.